The Mission Center - how should it looks like?

The Forum for discussions in English

Moderatorzy: kuba11100, The Viking, Moderatorzy

ODPOWIEDZ
lucbach
Administrator Forum
Administrator Forum
Kontakt:

The Mission Center - how should it looks like?

Post autor: lucbach »

Hello!

Actually we are working on the online tool (website) called 'Mission Center'. We want to make a place where all K&M fans can place, download and comment the missions and the campaigns. Here are some small pictures (tiles) from the graphic project: http://knights.sztab.com/img/news_fragmenty_cm.gif

This tool will be available in English too, so we ask you for a suggestions how this site should looks like. What should it have, how should it work etc.

We will be very appreciative for any comments.
lucbach,
administrator knights.sztab.com
Awatar użytkownika
Lewin
Użytkownik Forum
Kontakt:

Post autor: Lewin »

No one else is writing stuff so I will. ;) I've already emailed your my opinion but I might as well write it here.
Features it must have:
- Comments: People can comment on missions
- Ratings: People can rate mission. Maybe a difficulty rating too, like my site has.
- You must have a way for authors to release updates to their campaigns/missions in a way that other people can see it has changed. (maybe insist on a version number for each missions/campaign?)
- You should have a spot for campaigns under development where authors can let people know what they are making and post screenshots. (e.g. few people know that I and my brother are making a campaign and with that feature I could tell people)

That's all I can think of right now.
Lewin.
P.S. I would like to say that the image you posted is WAY to small to see anything. You should provide something a bit bigger. All I can make out from that is that the site will look as nice as the rest of your webpages do!
Awatar użytkownika
The Dark Lord
Użytkownik Forum

Post autor: The Dark Lord »

Hmm, yeah those fragments are quite small... They make me think of Christmass though. ^^ And that's a good thing since I love snow (and December).

I think it would be nice to be able to sort the missions in two ways: sort by Campaigns, All-Fighting or Single Missions, or sort by user. If you would sort as a user you would get a list with names of all people who have placed a mission. That list could be in different orders: alphabetic, highest rated, etc.

Those two other ideas of Lewin are good, but can be considered as ''extras'' in my opinion.
Awatar użytkownika
Lewin
Użytkownik Forum
Kontakt:

Post autor: Lewin »

The Dark Lord pisze:Hmm, yeah those fragments are quite small... They make me think of Christmass though. ^^ And that's a good thing since I love snow (and December).
LOL! In Australia it is 40+ degrees C in December!!! :lol: Not snow. :( Christmas makes me think of stinking hot days, with dry weather and not enough water, so those tiles don't really remind me of that. ;) It is mid-winter right now, but it very rarely snows where I live. (about 3 times in my life, and only a few centimetres) Regular snow would be fun.... :)

Back on topic.... ;)
The Dark Lord pisze:I think it would be nice to be able to sort the missions in two ways: sort by Campaigns, All-Fighting or Single Missions, or sort by user. If you would sort as a user you would get a list with names of all people who have placed a mission. That list could be in different orders: alphabetic, highest rated, etc.
Yes, good idea.

When will it be ready? (or when will the first beta version be released?)

Lewin.
ODPOWIEDZ